Friday, July 16, 2010
Fridays are for coffee and oreo balls
I try not to food blog, because it just makes me hungry. But I had to high five this recipe blog-wise speaking.
So far I've stolen 2 goodie recipes off my BFF Becky (http://mrsbettierocker.blogspot.com) -- Oreo Balls and Pink Lemonade Pie. I make the pie quite often because I believe I may be addicted to eating it, and last night was my first attempt at the oreo balls. I can't count how many I have ate since, so that should be an obvious verdict.
I had a superior failing attempt to trick my 4 year old into thinking that the fried zucchini (see a previous post) that was on his dinner plate was chicken nuggets, so this was my pickmeup. I'm sure you can guess that these weren't a fail as well. He went diving for them in handful portions.
Luckily; these are easy as pie to make. I made them at 8PM, do normal people bake that late?
1 package Oreo cookies (use entire cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark
1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a Ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Set to the side.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. I toss them in the freezer while I melt the chocolate.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. Sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies while still wet.
5. Try to keep from eating entire batch in one sitting. Keep these refrigerated.